Who can apply
The service is provided to Israeli citizens or permanent residents of the State of Israel who are over 16 years and four months of age who live abroad or are staying abroad temporarily.
|Who Can Apply||Required Documents|
|Israeli citizens or permanent residents||– ID card or passport|
|of the State of Israel|
|over 16 years and four months of age||– Supporting documents for deferment of service:|
|who live abroad or are staying abroad temporarily||– For deferment due to studies: Proof of enrollment|
|– For deferment due to a medical condition: Supporting medical documents from a physician|
|Service Fee||The service is provided free of charge|
|Notes||– The Defense Service Law applies to all Israeli citizens, including those living abroad, with additional citizenship.|
|– Regular military service is required for eligible individuals between certain age ranges, with exceptions for physicians.|
|– Failure to obey lawful orders is considered a criminal offense, and violators will face legal action and be required to fulfill their duty.|
|How to Apply||1. Print and complete the Registering or deferring military service for Israeli citizens staying abroad form.|
|2. Submit the form and required documents in person at your local Israeli mission.|
What you need
- ID card or passport.
- Supporting documents for deferment of service:
- For a deferment request due to studies, you must bring proof of enrollment.
- For a deferment request due to a medical condition, you must provide supporting medical documents from a physician.
The service is free of charge
- The Defense Service Law (Consolidated Version, 1986), and the authority to enforce it abroad, applies to every Israeli citizen living in Israel or abroad, including those who have additional citizenship, and those who are living abroad permanently.
- The obligation to perform regular military service applies to every man between the ages of 18 and 29 inclusive, and to every woman between the ages of 18 and 26 inclusive, who are fit for duty, except for physicians.
- Any lawfully issued order must be obeyed. Failure to obey shall be considered a criminal offense. Violators will be subject to legal action, after which they will be obligated to appear and do their duty.
How to apply
- Print out and fill out by hand the Registering or deferring military service for Israeli citizens staying abroad form.
- Apply in person with the required documents at your local Israeli mission.